My AHA Moment (and how it helps YOU):
Okay, let me get to the point. I’m doing self-care coaching because I want other busy working moms like you to feel as joyful and happy as I do now (<—- See that face? That’s my face when my heart is FULL).
I know what you’re going through now because even though I’d been a people helper for over 11 years, I still struggled to take time for myself. It took getting fired for me to make that change.
In July 2018, I. Was. Fired. For the FIRST TIME EVER!
For a month, I cried over a job that caused anxiety, insecurity and put my self-esteem in the gutter. “You don’t know how to do this job.” “Maybe you shouldn’t help anyone.” “You’re no good.” I self-abused with negative thoughts (which I’d stopped doing for several years). I knew that if I didn’t deal with my junk, it would affect every part of my life, especially my two boys. And I REFUSED to let this one event affect my babies in any negative way.
Because of them, I turned things around.
Even though I felt terrible, I started taking care of myself better. Went back to doing the things I’d lost interest in. Daily 5 minute writing sessions and quiet time after drop off. A little bit everyday. No pressure or judgment. Just lots and lots of compassion for me.
And you know what? I started feeling better.
I resented my kids less when they needed something. I didn’t feel guilty because I didn’t bite their heads off every chance I got. Instead, I was happier. And because I was happier, they were, too. Because I’d put myself first.
Getting fired was the best thing ever because I learned to:
- Create time in my schedule for daily self-care whenever I needed it
- Only say YES to the things that uplifted me
- Ask my family for help lovingly and guilt-free
So despite feeling crappy (let’s be real – if you didn’t feel crappy, you wouldn’t be reading this right now), I loved on myself again.
Here’s the thing, self-care is MANDATORY for your overall well-being. Physically, emotionally and mentally.
Gratitude. Joy. Peace. Happiness. Full heart. ME. I want this for YOU, too! Because I KNOW I’m not the only one struggling with stress, guilt and resentment.
In just a few weeks, you’ll:
- Take as little as one minute everyday (yes, really!) for a time-out that fits you AND your lifestyle.
- Love yourself first and STILL be there for your family GUILT-FREE.
- Get re-energized, re-inspired and reconnected with the amazing, wonderful YOU that’s been missing.
- Feeling unappreciated and drained with no time for yourself.
- Guilt for even WANTING time for yourself.
- Exhaustion, stress and resentment towards your family.
- A crazy, packed schedule.
Mira mujer, you have the RIGHT to take time for yourself. To put yourself FIRST.
YOU MATTER so very much!
My mission is to help YOU find the time, words and energy to de-stress without the guilt and be the BEST you for YOU. And Bonus! – your family gets the wonderful, amazing YOU they’ve been missing.
Heiddi, this is amazing! Let’s talk!
You CAN have time for you, be happier AND get the support you need from your family. Remember, you’re only SECONDS away from a happier, more relaxed YOU.
Where my journey began:
I was very anxious and bullied as a kid. My 7th grade teacher invited me to an after-school program called the Unitas Therapeutic Community. There, I met the “Mr. Rogers” in my life, Doc (Dr. Edward Eismann). After that first day, I stuck around for 10 years! Why? Because I felt accepted, appreciated and valued (thanks Doc and Val!). I became an after-school counselor and helped other kids feel the same way. In adulthood, when I remembered how happy I was at UNITAS, I became a licensed mental health counselor. The rest is people-helper history.
I’m the right coach for you and here’s why:
- I’ve been a licensed mental health counselor since 2011 and a people helper for 11 years after 9 years in the corporate world (over 20 years of working my butt off!)
- I’m also a busy working single mom.
- I’ve struggled with anxiety, depression and low self-esteem. And have used self-care to overcome all three.
- I’ve coached and educated others about the importance and impact of self-care.
- Been there, done that! I’ve created a personalized self-care plan that fits me, my lifestyle AND my family. I can help you do this, too!
Get to know Me Facts:
- I’m the ringleader of a three-ring circus with my two boys (ages 18 & 4)
- I feel EVERYTHING! It’s my Superpower. (I’m an introvert and highly sensitive person).
- I journal at least 5 days a week and take daily meditation walks.
- Mr. Rogers is my spirit animal and I want to be like him when I grow up.
- I’m a trivia geek and love to learn something new everyday.
Ready to start, let’s do this!
Due to professional ethical guidelines, identifying client information will not be disclosed (excepting testimonials). The contents of this blog are for informational and educational purposes only. Nothing found on our website is intended to be a substitute for professional psychiatric or medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
If you need mental health support, please dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.