Hi, I’m Heiddi and I’m so happy you’re here!
My AHA Moment (and how it helps YOU):
Okay, let me get to the point. I’m doing self-care coaching because I want you to feel as great as I do today. Even though I’d been a people helper for over 11 years, I still had my own struggles taking time for myself. It took getting fired from my job last year.
I was sent to the main office downtown to meet with HR. I’d already been written up, so I texted my friends for support. As soon as the HR manager and senior management walked in, I knew.
I. Was. Fired. For the FIRST TIME EVER!
Numb, I let the meeting happen. No advocating, no arguing. I didn’t bother. Getting my benefits approved was more important (I got them). I left and called my sister. She encouraged me to take time to heal. After venting, I spent some time alone. A solo dinner. I festered in my PJs for a week (the week I was supposed to be on vacation. Yeah, that happened.)
I mourned my job even though it brought me anxiety and insecurity. I’d only been in that position for a few months. And it was over. After the shock, devastation came. Every mistake I made and every negative comment bounced around my head. “You don’t know how to do this job.” “Maybe you shouldn’t help anyone.” “You’re no good.” I festered, self-abusing with negative thoughts (which I’d stopped doing for several years by then) and festered some more.
By the time my “Pretend Vacation” was over, my self-esteem was in the gutter. I told my teen that I lost my job. The minute he began to worry, I knew that if I didn’t deal with my junk, it would affect every part of my life, especially my two boys. And I ABSOLUTELY refused to let this one event affect my babies in any negative way.
Despite still feeling like crap, I reconnected with Heiddi, choosing myself first over and over again. Everyday. I reminded myself of all of the special beauty inside of me. The Heiddi I’d forgotten to take care of. I started doing all the self-care things: journaling, listening to my music, being kind to myself. Loving on myself again.
Gratitude. Joy. Peace. Happiness. ME. I want this for YOU, too! It’s because I KNOW I’m not the only one struggling with stress, guilt and resentment.
De-stressing without the guilt isn’t as hard as you think!
Imagine what your life would be like in 6 weeks. You will:
- Take as little as one minute (yes, really!) to do something kind for yourself.
- Love yourself first and STILL be there for your family GUILT-FREE.
- Take time for self-care in super easy ways that fit YOU and your lifestyle.
- Love yourself using self-care, which makes you better FOR you AND your family.
- Get re-energized, re-inspired and reconnected with the amazing, wonderful YOU that’s been missing.
What you’ll be dumping:
- Feeling unappreciated, drained with no time for yourself.
- Guilt for even WANTING time for yourself.
- Exhaustion, stress and resentment towards your family.
- A crazy, packed schedule.
Listen girlfriend, you have the RIGHT to take time for yourself. Putting on your oxygen mask before helping your family put on theirs. You MATTER. So very much!
Taking time for yourself, especially when it’s new, is a process. My mission is to help you find the time, words and energy to create your plan and be the BEST you for you AND your family. To do little things everyday for self-care. To remind you that you ARE worth it, that you DO need time to recharge and that it’s OKAY to ask your loved ones to help you do it.
Heiddi, this is amazing! Let’s do it!
Book a complimentary 20 minute consultation. Read my F. A. Q. and if you STILL have questions, book a call. You CAN have time for you, be happier AND get the support you need from your family. Thanks for visiting. I can’t WAIT to hear from you!
Getting fired was the best thing ever because I learned to:
- Create time in my schedule for me (bonus – it DIDN’T affect my family).
- Say NO to the things that don’t uplift you
- Talk with my family about what I needed and how it helps THEM
- Establish DAILY self-care sessions
Where I got started:
I was very anxious and bullied as a kid. My 7th grade teacher invited me to an after-school program called the Unitas Therapeutic Community. It was there that I met my own “Mr. Rogers” except his name was Doc. I spent the next 10 years of my life there. Why? Because I felt accepted, appreciated and valued (thanks Doc and Val!). I became an after-school counselor and my mission became about helping other kids feel special, loved and important. When I realized this was my career, I became a licensed mental health counselor. And the rest is history.
I’m the right coach for you and here’s why:
- I’ve got the goods (I’ve been a people helper for 11 years after 9 years in the corporate world – a total of 20 years of working my butt off!)
- I’m Ringmaster of my own circus with two boys (teen and preschooler) with little support.
- I’ve struggled with anxiety, depression and low self-esteem. And have used self-care to overcome all three.
- I’ve coached and educated others about the importance and impact of self-care.
- Been there, done that! I’ve created a personalized self-care plan that fits me, my lifestyle AND my family. I help you do this, too!
Get to know Me Facts:
- I feel EVERYTHING! (I’m an introvert and highly sensitive person).
- I journal at least 5 days a week and take daily walks.
- Mr. Rogers is my spirit animal and I want to be like him when I grow up.
- I’m a self-taught musician and have played the guitar for over 20 years.
- I’m a trivia geek and love to learn something new everyday.
Ready to start, let’s do this!
Due to professional ethical guidelines, identifying client information will not be disclosed (excepting testimonials). The contents of this blog are for informational and educational purposes only. Nothing found on our website is intended to be a substitute for professional psychiatric or medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
If you need mental health support, please dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.